Call for Entries: Second Annual Rocky Mountain Choreography Festival
Imagine Ballet Theatre (IBT) is pleased to announce the Second Annual Rocky Mountain Choreography Festival to take place in Ogden, Utah at the Peery’s Egyptian Theater. The Festival is open to both amateur and professional choreographers. Application deadlines are September 1, 2013. The winning choreographer’s grand prize will include theater rental and crew for a performance night in October of 2014.
Applicants may choreograph pieces for a range of dancers including solo, duet, small group, and ensemble. Entries are accepted in the following categories: ballroom, classical, contemporary, ethnic, hip-hop, jazz, modern, tap, or other styles of dance. The Festival will take place on February 21 and 22, 2014. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance into the festival if they are chosen by December of 2013.
The Rocky Mountain Choreography Festival is a unique opportunity for local and national talent to come to the heart of the Rocky Mountains to display their work. Accepted entries will compete at the historic Peery’s Egyptian Theater located in downtown Ogden. The historic district is ideal for hosting large groups and provides ideal venues and attractions for out-of-town guests. Choreographers are responsible for getting your dancers to Ogden for the performance.
Imagine Ballet Theatre, along with Weber State University Dance Department faculty, the Utah Dance Education Organization, and the Peery’s Egyptian Theater will be sponsoring the Festival. Interested choreographers may download the application materials at http://www.imagineballet.org.
Rocky Mountain Choreography Festival is dedicated to the advancement of dance as an art form, specifically through the support and promotion of quality choreography.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE OPTIONS
Date: September 1, 2013 Cost: $50 per piece ($25 discount)
Enrolled in College or High school $30 per piece with submission of Student ID.
Oct0ber 1, 2013 Cost: $75 per piece
Please make checks out to Imagine Ballet Theatre Rocky Mountain Choreography Festival.
• Submit a completed application form, application fee, and DVD per piece submitted. A press package and/or background information is recommended but not required.
• Materials must be postmarked on or before September 1, 2013. If your submission materials are postmarked on or before September 1, 2013 you will receive a $25 discount per piece.
• Submitted materials become the property of the Rocky Mountain Choreography Festival.
• Choreographers can submit more than work. This is for Professional and amateur choreographers. If submitting multiple pieces, separate DVDs and application forms are required.
• TIME LIMITS must not exceed 10 minutes
• Incomplete materials or those exceeding the Festival time limits will not be processed.
• The DVD must contain only the choreography being submitted. Additional footage makes it impossible for Festival staff to assure the committee is viewing the submitted choreography.
• Professional recordings are not required, but attention to quality, clarity and point of view are essential for accurate judging of choreography.
• A committee will select finalists for both divisions based on the materials submitted.
• Finalists chosen will travel and perform the submitted choreography live at the Peery’s Egyptian Theater before a general audience and panel of judges and compete to have an evening of dance presented at the Peery’s Egyptian Theater.
• Finalists are responsible for travel arrangements and all other related expenses.
• Finalists will be posted on the Imagine Ballet Theatre website www.imagineballet.org no later than December 1, 2013.
Sponsors of the Rocky Mountain Choreography Festival
Weber State University Dance Department
Peery’s Egyptian Theater
Utah Dance Educators Organization