Join Monica Campbell and Dancers at Ogden’s historic Egyptain theater for an evening of innovative and thought provoking dance. The program will include the premier of a new work in addition to some older audience favorites. Highlights include Breathing Room (2009), an upbeat, lighthearted duet that explores the age old question of proximity in relationships. Also on the program is the award-winning excerpt from the Final Hours (2010), which was most recently presented in the Gala performance of the American College Dance Festival Northwest Region. Watch for some special guest performances by Repertory Dance Theater priniple alumna Angie Banchero-Kelleher in Campbell’s The Visitor (2007), and Ririe-Woodbury veteran Jill Vorhees Edwards and Monica Campbell in Chai Chi Chiang’s So…What’s Next?
The evening will culminate with the premier of The Spring, a highly physical thirty-minute piece inspired by the events of the Arab Spring. An amazing cast of twelve dancers charge through the space as they explore ideads of revolution, community and the individual intensity and commitment necessary to forge cultural change.
This evening of dance will highlight the latest works of choreographer Monica Campbell, whose work often strives to provide commentary on the role of the individuals in shaping their societiesand forging their identities. Don’t miss it.
Monica will be teaching Master Classes throughout the community.
Oct 20th, 10-11:30 am
Ririe Woodbury Dance Companypresents: Saturday Studio Series, advanced modern dance class@ the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center located at 138 West 100 South, SLC, Ut.
Oct 23, 5:30-7:00pm
Sugar Space presents: CO.da Master Class. Co.da is a professional cooperative modern dance company in residence at the Sugar Space. Sugar Space is located at 616 Wilmington Ave,SLC, UT.
Call for Entries: Second Annual Rocky Mountain Choreography Festival
Ogden, Utah, May 2, 2012: Imagine Ballet Theatre (IBT) is pleased to announce the Second Annual Rocky Mountain Choreography Festival to take place in Ogden, Utah at the Peery’s Egyptian Theater. The Festival is open to both amateur and professional choreographers. Application deadlines are September 1, 2012 and August 1, 2012. The winning choreographer’s grand prize will include theater rental and crew for a performance night in October of 2013.
Applicants may choreograph pieces for a range of dancers including solo, duet, small group, and ensemble. Entries are accepted in the following categories: ballroom, classical, contemporary, ethnic, hip-hop, jazz, modern, tap, or other styles of dance. The Festival will take place on February 22 and 23, 2013. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance into the festival if they are chosen by December of 2012.
The Rocky Mountain Choreography Festival is a unique opportunity for local and national talent to come to the heart of the Rocky Mountains to display their work. Accepted entries will compete at the historic Peery’s Egyptian Theater located in downtown Ogden. The historic district is ideal for hosting large groups and provides ideal venues and attractions for out-of-town guests. Choreographers are responsible for getting your dancers to Ogden for the performance.
Imagine Ballet Theatre, along with Weber State University Dance Department faculty, the Utah Dance Education Organization, and the Peery’s Egyptian Theater will be sponsoring the Festival. Interested choreographers may download the application materials at http://www.imagineballet.org.
Rocky Mountain Choreography Festival is dedicated to the advancement of dance as an art form, specifically through the supportand promotion of quality choreography.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE OPTIONS
Date: August 1, 2012 Cost: $50 per piece ($25 discount)
Enrolled in College or High school $30 per piece with submission of Student ID.
SUBMISSION DATE EXTENDED! to September 1 Cost: $75 per piece
Please make checks out to Imagine Ballet Theatre Rocky Mountain Choreography Festival.
• Submit a completed application form, application fee, and DVD per piece submitted. A press package and/or background information is recommended but not required.
• Materials must be postmarked on or before August 1, 2012. If your submission materials are postmarked on or before September 1, 2011 you will receive a $25 discount per piece.
• Submitted materials become the property of the Rocky Mountain Choreography Festival.
• Choreographers can submit more than work. This is for Professional and amateur choreographers. If submitting multiple pieces, separate DVDs and application forms are required.
• TIME LIMITS must not exceed 10 minutes
• Incomplete materials or those exceeding the Festival time limits will not be processed.
• The DVD must contain only the choreography being submitted. Additional footage makes it impossible for Festival staff to assure the committee is viewing the submitted choreography.
• Professional recordings are not required, but attention to quality, clarity and point of view are essential for accurate judging of choreography.
• A committee will select finalists for both divisions based on the materials submitted.
• Finalists chosen will travel and perform the submitted choreography live at the Peery’s Egyptian Theater before a general audience and panel of judges and compete to have an evening of dance presented at the Peery’s Egyptian Theater.
• Finalists are responsible for travel arrangements and all other related expenses.
• Finalists will be posted on the Imagine Ballet Theatre website www.imagineballet.org
no later than December 5, 2012.
Grand Prize was a tie!
Obviam Somes Choreographer Laurie Sefton, Clairobscur Dance Company from Los Angeles, California.
The Final Hours Choreographer Monica Campbell, Synergy Dance Company from Salt Lake City, Utah.
Look for these two Choreographers to present new works in the Fall of 2012 at Perry’s Egyptain Theatre. Dates to be announced.
Second Place Espara Viejo, Danza Nueva Choreographer Julie Ahlander from Sandy, Utah.
The following Choreographers have been chosen to participate in the First Rocky Mountain Choreography Festival 2012. Peery’s Egyptian Theater on February 23rd and 24th, 2012.
Emily Bokinskie ” Compart, Mental Theory” Ogden,Utah
Tami Whatcott & Fiona Nelson “Falling up to Solid Ground” Riverton, Utah
Monica Campbell Synergy Dance Company “The Final Hours” Salt Lake City, Utah
Laurie Sefton Clairobscur Dance Company “Obviam Somes” Los Angeles, California
Oswaldo Muniz “Twinkle” New York, New York
Julie Ahlander and Dancers Out of Reach Sandy, Utah
Eden Chase Popped Ogden, Utah
Julie Ahlander and Dancers Espana Vieja, Danza Nueva Sandy, Utah
Laurie Sefton Clairobscur Dance Company “Crawl Xipe Totec 2″ Los Angeles, California
Carrie Miles “Anew” Ogden, Utah
Rocky Mountain Choreography Festival is dedicated to the advancement of dance as an art form, specifically through the support and promotion of quality choreography.
Nutcracker tickets went on Sale Oct 26th, 2011. We have promotional deals if you text the following to help you save money and enjoy a beautiful show.
Text Imagine to 74499 For Information and discounts.
Text Ballet to 74499 For Ticket discounts.
Text Show to 74499 To win tickets to the show.